Being a certified personal trainer in NYC for close to 20 years, I’ve helped hundreds of people face-to-face and thousands online. One of the top questions I get from plus size women is, What is the best way to lose weight?
Another question that is similar is, What is better cardio or weight lifting? And What is the best diet or meal plan to lose weight?
I’ve had so many different scenarios from real live people, hundreds, that I can say that almost anything can work.
Almost any type of workout, meal plan, or diet can work just as long as you stick to it consistently and frequently until you get to your goal.
Oh yeah, there’s a but…
But if you wanted to know how to what is the best way to lose weight, in a healthy way while helping you control your appetite and become a fat burning machine without supplements, then there are a couple of methods that are effective.
It took me almost 20 years from my professional fitness career with a diverse number of clients to learn the best method.
My 90-Day Online Personal Training and Weight Loss Coaching program, Healthy Curves is the product of my 20 years of experience and my discoveries.
Here are a couple of things to keep in mind
- Choose whole foods rather than packaged and processed foods
- Avoid fast food
- Decrease your alcohol consumption to 2 servings a week
- Combine resistance training with cardio – circuits
- Choose free weights over weighted machines
- Spot reduction does not work, therefore 1000 sit-ups are useless. Choose doing an all-body workout instead
- When starting to exercise, do what you can. Do not choose something that is too hard or something that you hate
What do you think?
If this is the morning, restate your habits in the comment section below.
If this is the evening, share how you did today and what you can do better the next day. Also share one thing you’re grateful for.